Sunday, January 29, 2012

Wedding Planning :)


Yes, the big day will be coming soon.. on 6 Jan 2013! :)
So get this date down on your calendars okays! :D

I've been sooo excitedly looking forward to each step of the wedding planning!
Some have asked why don't I just engage a wedding planner,
but I don't think I'd want one :)
I'm already running events myself, it's a bit weird if I don't plan my own wedding yea?

Date selection has been a majorrrr headache.
I was pretty fixated on the hotel that I want as I've weighed all factors,
and found just one hotel that has most of the pros comparatively.
Hence, the date was such a big big big problem.
But I'm so glad it's (almost) settled already!
We are going to the hotel's wedding showcase coming feb!
But we have soft-booked the date already :) Whee!

Have also started gowns-hunting a while back,
and visited a few BS after doing proper research online.
Finally found one shop that I absolutely fell in love with,
and we even brought mumsie along to view the gowns today  :)
It's funny cuz before we went, she warned me against signing any package today.
But it turned out that she started to haggle with the salesperson before I mentioned anything!
Could tell our tastes are so alike!
The first shop we went to (just to scout more options),
she didn't have a good impression at all. lol.
We managed to get a reallyyyy good deal today! (many thanks to mumsie)
She could chat up a storm with the sales people. haha :P
Even managed to get a MTM wedding gown thrown in free with with original package price :D

We are also in the midst of looking for actual day photographer!
Shortlisted a few already, and will be contacting them soon.
Videographer is quite set too, we will be getting Shiwei (Rach's videographer)
So super happy that Shiwei is free :D

Now, we are set with date, hotel, prewedding shoot, actual day gown, and videography!
Still shortlisting for actual day photography, and some fringe events before banquet :)
Many of the big ticket items are set already, next up will be more of the nitty gritty :)
Like florals, invites, designing of wedding gown, selection of evening gown and tea dress,
sequence of events, solemnizer, guest list, song list, food tasting :D

Looks like there is a lot more stuff to do!
Even though there is some painful problems along the way,
but I'm treasuring every step of this planning journey :)
The boy has been very supportive and tolerant with my many outbursts too.
Thank you the b! :P



No comments:

Post a Comment