Saturday, July 24, 2010

Time.

This calendar sits on my office tabletop,
where it has become a morning routine for me to tick off the previous day that had passed.
I still remember telling bb on 1st July 10 that my calendar looked so bare,
as it bore no marking yet then.
As a clean sheet, it bothers me endlessly about how time is passing so slowly.
Look at it now, we're almost going to be done with July.
And before I know it, bb will be back (:
It's fast, I realized.

Time is the harbinger of joy..
and sorrow as well I guess..
It seeps life out of people.
It's a constant countdown to the end of life episodes..

May my granduncle, who has left us at the age of only 59..
finally find peace after his long, heart-wrenching battle with the incurable illness..


He who has gone,
so we but cherish his memory, abides with us,
more potent, nay, more present than the living man.

No comments:

Post a Comment