Monday, February 7, 2011

my CNY 2011


The long CNY break is over in a wink :(
But I thought the break was timely and it made me freshen up much more.
The days just before CNY weren't good for me.
But as the saying goes; the only way to go after you hit rock bottom, is upwards :)
Yea, things are definitely looking better now..
Not solved, but well, better :)

As a kid, I've loved CNY.
There's the whole feast to look forward to,
people for you to kpo about,
people-watch as everyone dones their best dress,
and well, play MJ!
That's exactly what I did yet again (but absolutely loving it) this year. lol!
This year's even more special than previous years,
cuz cousins started to bring their other halves.
I still remember the days when my younger aunts brought their bfs,
to think their kids are all so old already!
Now, it's our turns to bring ours. lol!
Jeremy brought his wife, another cousin's bf came too.
And guess what, B came to visit too!
Surprise surprise (:
Then we popped by his grandma's for awhile too before I call it a day.
He was the energetic one, who still went for a midnight movie. lol
Me? I needed my beauty sleep :P

Chu er.
I happily woke up really late.
And was still not too late to help my mum prepare for the steamboat dinner.
She was very funny in trying to rope my help.
She asked "Do you think carrots should be added to the soup base?"
Me: "Ya! It will definitely taste nicer with carrots in!"
Her *pause for a moment* : "oh, why dont you cut the carrots then"
lol!!! so smart of her right!!! lol!

Then after helping her with all the shredding, peeling, cutting,
I went to watch Junior Masterchef Australia on youtube.
omg, the kids are sooo good!
The best part is, the recipes for the stuff they cooked are posted--> online (Scroll over)
Can't wait to lay my hands on trying one of the recipes one day (:

After finishing up all the preparation and waiting for B and my bro's gf to arrive,
my whole family played mj.
This is the first time, cuz my mum doesnt fancy mj. lol.
And all the while, she kept whining about why B isn't here yet to save her.
Then it was MJ till dinner time, then B had to go shortly after. humph.
The rest of us played MJ till night fall though.
I almost got 13 yao, but a stupid mistake on my part made me lose that 13 yao :(
oh well, at least I won money at the end (: whee!

Chu San.
It was Saturday and I practically rested the day away.
Too much festivities ain't good for my body. lol.

Chu Si.
Decided to bring my mum to watch "It's a Great Great World"
Cuz I know she will be all alone at home again if I don't bring her out.
Alex's out, Daddy went for wedding banquet.
Didn't like the idea of all of us abandoning her after all her hard work during this CNY.
So I decided to be a good daughter (haven't been one for a long time),
and go out with her (:
Could tell she enjoyed herself even though the itinerary was really simple.
Plus, we were sitting at the 2nd row from the front.
She didn't mind at all. lol.
The movie is good; one of the best local films I've seen.
Good portrayal, lovely angles, flamboyant colors, vintage settings, lovely vocals,
there's almost nothing not to like about this film.
It may not be Hollywood standard,
but nothing beats that nostalgic and heartwarming feeling.
Definitely worth catching.
Psst - there must be a reason why this film is a sold-out for many days straight ya? ;)

After spending half the day with mumsie, my day still hadn't ended!
Had gone to Ikea with B thereafter to buy a nice sofa for his room.
Red sofa! :) Pretty!
He had thought about getting a sofa for the longest time.
And we had fun lugging the big box back and assembling the sofa (:

With that, there goes my 4-days break. lol.
Went to office and realized there's just half manpower for the day.
Many just can't help but wish the break is longer ya? ;)

Mm.. Time is really flying.
B's younger bro is flying for his uni studies this Wed.
Jess will be (if not already) very very sad, I guess.
And to think it wasn't too long ago when they were also there to send B to Germany.
At that time, Jess was still telling me that her turn will come, but not so soon.
But ta-dah, it's already here. Goodness.
I really hope they have the strength to pull thru this LDR..
But I have to admit the conditions of long distance isn't good for any relationship.
Oh well, only time can tell.
We can only hope for the best for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment