Friday, August 3, 2012

Photoshoot



The two days photoshoot is overrrr!
Thank goodness for the awesome weather, 
and for the entire crew who were ever so accomodating and professional.
HS managed to sneak in a few photos (:



The shoot for the first day was at JB.
Kicked off with the studio shots (first two photos above),
then off to this vintage place called Roost Cafe (photo above).
The day ended with the photoshoot at Danga Bay, where we took photos on a pretty carousel.
The entire shoot lasted till around 8pm only as the photographer knew what he wanted,
and captured the angles really smoothly.

In hindsight, I thought my first day's make-up and hairstyles were too mature looking and dramatic.
The eyelashes made my eyes look humongous.





------


For the second day shoot at Singapore,
we still went to their studio for the make-up and hair preparation first.
Decided to pick out a pair of less dramatic looking eyelashes,
and insisted on hairstyles that better reflect my personality / style.
Hence, this is the final make-up and hairstyle for our first shoot in Singapore at National Museum (:
Didn't really like that malayish looking hair piece, 
but I let it stay with me for half the shoot at Museum 
as my stylist has plonked it unto my hair before I could stop her.
But she took it off my hair for latter half of the shoot. 
Whee (:



Following the shoot at National Museum,
we headed off to Marina Barrage.
Apologies for the not so well taken photo below.
I guess the sunlight got in the way for this photo.
We were there around 5pm, and the sky was cloudy! :D
The feel is supposedly young and energetic,
hence the short dress, balloons and side ponytail.

The hairstyle is not really what I wanted,
but the stylist didn't agree with my proposed hairstyle.
Thus, this is the compromised hairstyle. haha.
She called it the "ice-cream" hairstyle cuz she thought it resembles an ice cream cone -.-
The dress is kinda loose, should have asked to tailor it tighter.
But overall, I thought this was the most fun portion of the shoot.
We got to play in water :D
Such an awesome treat in the humid weather.



After Marina Barrage, we went off to Gardens by the Bay!
But then, it was dusk, and I changed out to a white trumpet gown.
Hairstyle was a loose half updo.
Pretty ok with this hairstyle. 
Chanced upon the OCBC lightshow.. but hmm.. it wasn't very nice.



Wrapping up the night was a shoot at Marina Bay Sands Boardwalk.
Wanted to play with sparklers here, but the sparklers we got weren't working.
Couldn't get the effect we wanted, so it was cancelled.
The photographer seemed to like this dress alot as it was flowy.
Made me play with this dress quite a bit.
Thought this dress made me look fat.
Hopefully the photos turn out ok!

This hairstyle wasn't decided on beforehand.
The stylist saw that I was feeling warm, so she braided my hair. haha.
Didn't really like the style, but it aided in making me feel cooler.



The entire shoot lasted till 10.30pm.
We were so deadbeat thereafter.
And my face had a bad reaction to the long hours of make up.
The humidity didn't help either.
Was shocked to see patches of red blotches on my face when I got home.
Took about 10 rounds of make-up removal to settle the removal,
a facial scrub to cleanse the pores,
and 2 rounds of washing to feel squeaky clean.
The red blotches were better after washing,
and I applied softener and moisturizer before I slept.
They have since subsided, and finally I can feel that my skin is breathing. haha.
I sure hope this doesn't happen on my wedding day!

That's all for nowwwww.
Will only get the photos in about a month's time.
Next up will be the families' dinner this Sunday (:

No comments:

Post a Comment