Monday, August 26, 2013

Guess Demin x Cleo (Part II)

Here's the followup post for the Guess x Cleo photoshoot ;)
Love how the make-up artist did such a fabulous job ;)
But when it came to posing, my heart was thumping, and shoulders were stiff.
But as crew tried to make me laugh, my shoulder visibly relaxed.
Hadn't noticed the part about tensing up when I take photos.
There was once  when my makeup artist came to touch up on my hair,
and caught me by surprise by shaking me front and back and jokingly said "relax.. relax"
lol! I'll bear that in mind ;) 

The shoot location was at a lovely furniture store called "Journey East"
It's indeed a modern gem found in an otherwise run-down building.
So many retro, hippy looking furniture within its premises! 
Here're some behind the scenes


Hoping everything will turn out aokay.
It will come out in the November series of Cleo,
and can't wait to see the final series of 6 different looks!
Finally got to see a few of the other girls today, and they are all sooo pretty.

With the bubbly make up artist :)

Managed to steal a few shots before changing back into my own clothes.
I feel like purchasing the tie-dye jeans. 
Had felt so reluctant to return them to the crew.

In the rest of the photos below, you'd get to see the awesome furniture found there.
Cleo had some questions to ask me, so I camwhored while waiting for them. heh.
Most of the photos are of me parading in my newest buys:
Top - River Island
Skirt - Asos
Heels - Love Bonito

And oh, the cat is Ginger.
It's the owner's pet, and he kept strolling around and purring really loudly! 
The last photo is Shane's new shoes. haha!

After everything wrapped up at 3pm,
we headed to Strangers' Reunion which was located really nearby.
Can't resist a photo with the rustic looking shop house front. 

We had decided on this place due to its proximity to the shoot's locations,
and also partly due all the great reviews by bloggers.
It's packed for a weekday 3pm timeslot,
where most of the crowd consists of people in the age range of 18 - 30.
We had walked past an entire row of cafes before reaching Strangers' Reunion,
and they were all empty (as we had expected).
Thus, we were rather taken aback to see how this cafe was.

The cafe gave off a very laid-back vibe, 
and everyone seems deeply engaged in their conversations.
We ordered the Egg + Bacon Ciabatta, and the truffle fries.
And two hot cappucinos to go along with them.

The truffle fries were good, not overfried,
and gave a delicate taste of truffle oil.
The parmesan cheese on top was a perfect complement ;)
Plus the dip sauce was good too.
Would definitely recommend this dish.

For the egg + bacon ciabatta,
the bread was too tough!
I know the nature of ciabatta is to be tough and dense. 
But I think this one really disappoints.
Bacon and egg were normal, I guess?

Overall, I'd say it's a lovely place to chill,
but with the crowd, and seats being so near to each other,
it can be a little uncomfortable to have private conversations.
I could hear every single word spoken by couple seated 10cm away from us. lol.
Oh well, can't really fault the owner since they are so popular.
I'm sure I'd fill up the place to its maximum if I was in the owner's shoes ;) 

2 comments:

  1. You should totally get the tie-dye jeans, it's so pretty! And congrats on landing the unexpected Cleo shoot!

    Jace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jace!

    Yup, I will be hunting it down now. haha! :D

    ReplyDelete