Saturday, August 24, 2013

Guess Denim Event (Part I)

It's funny how life throws you with lovely surprises like confetti when you make impromptu decisions.
Well, it's been a while since life has treated me this way, 
and I'm pleasantly surprised when a great opportunity rolls in my direction.

I had gone to the Guess Denim event due to a twist of fate.
I was tired from a week's workload, and all I wanted for a Saturday morning was to sleep in. 
But the lil bro wanted to head to town at 11.30am.
Now that's rare, as he's the kind who sleeps in even more than me. 
I had grudgingly woke up and didn't exactly feel like dressing up,
but the thought of being left at home after mum and lil bro leave wasn't too pleasant,
so I decided to tag along as well.

While they were scouting for his pair of new shoes at Ion,
I strolled aimlessly, and found myself standing at the doorsteps of Guess store at Takashimaya.
I vaguely remembered, having read on a few bloggers' blogs, that there is an event happening,
so I went in.

What happened next was quite a whirlwind.
Greeting me was a pretty blue-themed dessert table, draped with a preppy looking tablecloth,
with cupcakes, sweet pastries and nothing short of an awesome dessert table,
 photographers with huge, mean looking cameras everywhere,
and bloggers Sherlyn and Velda were just walking around right in front of me,

Before I knew it, I was caught up in a flurry of excitement.
It's hard to resist the many pretty clothes hanging on the racks,
and I wanted to try so many of them, esp the shorts!

The chirpy Sherlyn. Nice to meet you!

The super tall Velda

The final ensemble which I bought (minus the heels)

Totally love the gold studs which lined the creases of the shorts.
It's a very comfortable pair of shorts, which I thought to be perfect for lazy weekends!
The top depicts a bull, which cleverly disguises a question mark. ;)
It's nicely decorated with silver jewel charms as well!
Had wanted to get the heels too, but the smallest size they have still doesn't fit me. 

When we took the above photo, I believe there were at least 3 cameras pointing at us.
After all the photo-taking, a lady from Cleo magazine came over and took down my particulars.
I didn't think very much about it as I assumed  it was a mailing list of sorts.
She mentioned something about a photoshoot, 
but the absent minded side of me wasn't really concentrating 
as I couldn't tear my eyes off the new pieces of my selected buys. :P

Well, Cleo magazine called me up on Monday to inform me that 
I've been one of the 6 ladies who have been shortlisted for a Cleo x Guess photoshoot!
Honestly, I wasn't expecting this stroke of good luck ;)
However, the feeling of joy was quickly taken over by a horrible sense of insecurity and inadequacy.
"Will I be good enough? Am I too short? Will I look weird? Will there be an interview?"
were the immediate thoughts as I ended the call.

In the end, I decided to take the leap of faith, and to agree to take up the photo shoot.
Cleo then scheduled a fitting for me at Guess Paragon.
Annabelle (the representative from Cleo) was really friendly and kind.
I told her of my concerns that I can't really pull off long jeans and requested for shorts instead,
she quipped that I'd look fine in jeans and not to worry so much. :)

Apparently, they have brainstormed over the look for each of the 6 girls,
and mine is "Girl Next Door".
I have no idea what that means exactly,
but my assumption is that the color pink is part of the equation since I was given so much pinkish stuff :D
Managed to steal a glance at the sheet of paper, 
and saw that there are other looks such as "Resort Chic & Sex Siren" etc.
Looks like this series is going to be great fun! :D

Here's the three sets of clothes which were arranged for my fitting:

I shall leave it for the next post (after the photoshoot) to reveal which is the final decided set ;)
It was a really fun experience to do the fittings,
and even though I didn't manage to wear the shorts (which I had hoped so much for),
 I had the chance to express my views for the shoes and tops.
I'll be having the photoshoot on Monday, and I'm keeping fingers crossed that everything will be ok!

Alright, the Guess x Cleo craze aside,
I've just dyed my hair in a lighter shade of brown-blonde :)
Love how it brightens up my outlook immediately!


Also, I've recently jumped unto the Chanel cosmetics bandwagon.
I love how the color stays on for 3 - 4 hours, and that the color appears to be very vibrant in photos. 
Definitely a keeper. 
I got "La Favourite" - a lovely combination of red and peach pink


Other than all the self-pampering, I've been baking too!
These are the red velvet cupcakes which I've experimented with recently.
It's close enough to the real deal,
I just need to up the cream cheese taste for the frosting!
Can't wait to make the perfect ones for the upcoming baby shower of my colleague's baby boy :D


Till the next, have a lovely weekend people! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment