Monday, December 6, 2010

Riverdanced!

Virgin trip to MBS theatre :)
It's quite a nice place, with mirrors adorning the walls

Us at the entrance :)


The crowds


Whee~ I love the full length mirrors



Inside in MBS theatre.
It's not that big actually..
Only 20 people can stand in a straight row and the stage length's filled.

Maybe I had gone in with too high expectations of the dance..
cuz I came out feeling rather disappointed =/
I mean, what can go wrong with Riverdance, a well-renowned dance troupe right?
The thing is, I think their dances were constrained by the stage.
Irish tap dance needs masses to give off that sense of grandeur.
But with a cast of 20 odd people, it's kind of hard to pull it off.

I had watched Lord of the Dance on youtube previously,
that's why I was so highly anticipating a great show yday.
But.. we left feeling confused and well, not too impressed.
Don't get me wrong, the dancers were good.
Just that the whole essence of a grand irish tap dance didn't managed to get to us.

Or maybe, just maybe,
Lord of the Dance is indeed better.
For after all, Michael Flatley left River dance to set up Lord of the Dance.
He's honestly the best out there.
His showmanship awed so many people in the world.
If Lord of the Dance ever comes to Singapore, I'd def go catch it :)
But hopefully, they get a bigger venue like indoor stadium or smth.
Irish tapdance needs at least 30-40 people to pull off a great performance.



------



LB Loots are here today!
Just to tell a funny story before reviewing the loots..
I had told my dad about my loots possibly arriving today..
So, at 4pm..
Dad's sms came: I went to check mail. Got nothing la.
And at 6pm:
Dad's sms came again: Can I call you?

So I called him instead.
He was like "GOT 2 leh! Got 2!" in a super excited voice.
Akin to a kid opening up a box to find 2 presents. lol!
That made me laugh in the office :)
And that made my day end on a much nicer note :)

Ok! To the loots proper..
The Garden Dress is FAB! =D

The material's on the thin side,
but I'm fine with it cuz it's black.
So won't overexpose myself :)

The mesh and jewel details on the sleeves :)
It's really a lovely piece, even though it's a little short.
Can also double up as a top like Jx had said!
Am satisfied with this buy :)
Can see myself wearing it to xmas gatherings already!

The LB Chloe Pants in Rose Cream was disappointing though.
Colour's too dark for my liking,
size's too big for me.
The good thing is..
I managed to sell it off already :) Whee!

For LB's launch today,
I'm proud to say I bought nothing! YAYS! =D
Was thinking about the Whimsical Eden dress,
but the drapes are a little too "over".
Like sari. =x
Drapes are really in right now though.
Saw a really nice navy blue toga dress at Topshop,
with drapes at one side of the sleeve.
Tried it on and even B said it's nice.
But it's $129!
So I'm still thinking if it's worth the buy..
mm...

No comments:

Post a Comment