Saturday, June 15, 2013

Macarons Galore

Sorry for being away for so long,
but work has been crazyyy for the period of May.
Straight after the last lap of work in end May, I fell horribly sick.
2 weeks has passed, and I'm now much better (:
Thanks to all who asked.

In the month of May, I baked a lot of macarons.
Why so, since my work schedule is packed to the point of bursting? 
Well, when I'm stressed, I bake. 
haha, now that the toughest period has gone, I have slowed down the pace of baking too.
heh.
So here's a photologue of my mac bakes in the past month (:

18 May - Chocolate macs

19 May - Baileys Buttercream Macs


 They are supposed to be white, 
but oh well, my oven has the tendency to brown my macs :x
They turned out yummy all the same though. heh.

22 May - Oven test
I tried to bake small batches of macs using different oven functions,
and at different temperatures, at different timings. 



 The above look gorgeous, don't they?
Baked at 150 degrees, the color remained pretty, and they could be peeled off easily.
Alas, they have hollow middles ;(
Refer to image below



This is taken at midnight, after all 8 batches of macs have been tried and tested.
Sorry folks, but slight browning is still expected from my macs.
I rather have the correct texture and taste of macs, than to retain the color.
Flavor is more impt :)

24 May - Italian meringue
Awesome color and feet.
But, it's drier than my normal french meringue,
has a slightly cakey taste, 
and has way more sugar content. 
I prefer my french meringue where the shell is crisp, and the middle is fluffy.
It also has a nice almond taste to it, which this italian meringue is missing.

29 May - Salted Caramel & Choc macs for Char



These macs were baked during my event day,
but as it's for char whom I can't turn down, haha,
so yea.
Thankfully, the batch turned out gorgeous!

 1 Jun - Green tea macs for Stella
Yup, tried to sprinkle green tea powder on the macs.
It's a different look.
But I think i prefer not to sprinkle them again.
Looks cleaner. heh.

2 Jun - Passionfruit & Choc macs
 The hubs took this for me as I was piping away.
I love the color of the yellow macs.
Pink is still my fav, but I like yellow second! heh.
The ganache turned out a little too sweet.
So I guess I will finetune the ganache recipe further (:

It's going to be a crazy month ahead for macs.
I have more than 10 orders from friends,
and I'll be having my first stall at an upcoming bazaar!
Hope the response will be good (:
Still deciding on the flavors to be sold, and the number.

Alright. enough of macs.
I'll be sharing a chocolate cake recipe after this (:

No comments:

Post a Comment