Friday, October 14, 2011

birds of a feather flock together.


Been having an awesome time since I got back to Singapore.
There was the boy's birthday party.
The yacht party didn't manage to happen cuz of the erratic weather,
and the captain advised us to postpone the party.
Held it at the boy's house instead (:
All the pics are with his friend,
and I only have the pic of his bday cupcakes.
Very cute, aren't they? :))
*sugar overdose from these cupcakes though

We had marinated the beef steaks with this CPL brand of Korean Bulgogi sauce,
and the steaks turned out really gooddd!
Some of his pals found the meat to be a little too over-flavored,
perhaps cuz we had marinated it for 2 days. lol!
I think if it was marinated for 1 day, the effect would have been the best.
The honeyed chicken steaks turned out great too :)
Now I really realized how the marinade sauce makes a big difference in food :D



------



In terms of work, we are all slowly adapting to our new boss R.
Then yday, another bomb just dropped down.
My deputy director is transferring out too. *faint.
This means we have to adapt to 2 new bosses instead of just 1.
sigh. All these changes are too fast.
I'm very much inclined to run away from all these.
Went to "babysit" my kids from a secondary school today.
It was a real joy to watch them learn to dance :)
They will be putting up a performance for a major company event this Nov.
Initially, I had my reservations about how this will pan out,
but looking at the bunch of 14 year olds,
their enthusiasm, their laughter, their efforts,
I know this will work out, even with the short time frame given.

This kind of gave me back my confidence and the will to fight on in this unit.
It made me recall why I had wanted to join this department from the very start,
and why this unit had made me so happy.
Even with the drastic changes in the management team,
the work itself should remain unchanged.
So, I will stay on to do what I love,
I just have to fight my way out of the red tape. lol.


------


Alrighto, I'm signing out.
Had a very bad night of insomnia yesterday.
Please let me sleep well tonight (:
TGIF ppl!

No comments:

Post a Comment