Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Day 2 in Hong Kong

Day 2 was Tsim Sha Tsui Day.
The weather was lovely, cloudless but without any strong sunlight.
We kicked off the day with a good hearty breakfast at Australian Dairy Company (:
Was really looking forward to this breakfast cuz of the many online raves.
Apparently the scrambled eggs are heavenly (and yes, they were!)









The queue was pretty short when we got there,
maybe cuz we went early (:
When we left, there was a rather long queue.
One funny thing that occurred was the conversation with the waiter:
Waiter : 早餐鸡蛋煎蛋蛋?
We finally learnt that the jian dan is sunny side up, chao dan is scrambled eggs.
heh.

The scrambled eggs and buttered toast were so good.
If this store open doors in Singapore, I think it's my favorite breakfast place!
But I didn't really like the macaroni, too bland for my tastebuds. lol.
Only ate the ham slices in the end :x
The steamed milk pudding was chilled, and it was pretty alright.
Sweet, and a little powdery.
In hindsight, I believe the hot version might have suited me better :P

After the breakfast, we left for Langham Place and reached around 10.15am.
Guess we were too early cuz none of the shops were open!
Here I am, waiting for H&M in Langham Place to open doors :P


When the shuttles of the H&M store finally rolled up,
everyone practically rushed inside. haha!
Even though this store wasn't very big,
but the variety of clothes were good.
Managed to get a dress from myself :D
And Jiaxin got a work skirt for herself too :)

When we were more or less done with Langham Place,
we took our hotel's shuttle to China Hong Kong City (CHKC).
This is the place where we got our Macau Ferry tickets :)
This place is an Outlet heaven too, just look at the picture below to see what I mean.


The Esprit Outlet was quite big!
And we managed to get some tops for our family members :D
Here are a few other random shots I got:

The cute Panda Biscuits from Kee Wah.


Adorable Hello Kitty Dolls from this shop called Okashi Land.
I bought 2 Hello Kitty Dolls in the end :D
They were HK$19 each I think.
Hello Calbee and Panda Kitties! :P


If my memory didn't fail me,
I think I was lugging quite a bit of loots,
as I had also gone to Bonjour to buy my Shiseido White Lucent Softener.
Ohoh, I must say.. It was so cheap!
I got the 140ml bottle at just HK$312 (S$52).
It's retailing in Singapore for about $70?
Was so happy with this buy!
But after 2 - 3 hours of walking around with it and my other loots,
my shoulders were giving way already.
So Jiaxin and I took the hotel shuttle back to our hotel to put down our stuff.
We took a short break too, before hopping out to shop again. hehe.

If you look at this picture above carefully, you will realize I changed shoes! :P
Thought sandals would be more comfortable to walk in.
But in hindsight, I was wrong.
The golden flats I was wearing were nicer to walk in.

So after resting in the hotel for a short while,
we proceeded to find Charlie Brown Cafe in Tsim Sha Tsui.
We were saying we must find it,
esp after the failure to eat at Toilet Cafe the previous day. lol.
And here we are!








I had ordered the beef burger set.
It was alright, I guess (:
Comfort food as such seldom go wrong.
We were very entertained by the Snoopy cartoon screened on the tv though.
Do you guys know how did Charlie adopt Snoopy? (:
And how was Snoopy like when he was a puppy at Charlie's place? (:

After dinner, we took a bus down to the Avenue of Stars.
It was only a small drizzle when we got to Snoopy Place for dinner,
but it was pouring when we left the restaurant.
As we still had a little time on hand, we shopped for a while at TST Sogo,
which was near the Avenue of Stars.
And I was so happy to finally find a flawless Long Champ bag for my mum.
At the Causeway Bay Sogo on Day 1,
the 3 bags shown to me had very obvious flaws that I couldn't overlook.
Was so glad to find a good quality piece in TST Sogo.
I got it for HK$720 (S$120), and to think this design is retailing at $195 in Singapore!


As it was raining throughout the Symphony of Lights show,
I wasn't in the mood to take out my camera to snap pictures.
Plus I was carrying an umbrella and my shopping bag. lol.
But overall, I did enjoy the show (:
It was basically a lights show, where these lights were emitted from tall business buildings.
Somehow, I can imagine this being done in Singapore too.
And it struck me on how the Hong Kong landscape resembles Singapore.
That area was just like Singapore's City Hall. lol!
(Maybe the resemblance of Sg and Hk was the reason why I didn't feel homesick in Hk. :P)

When the show was over,
we headed back to TST Sogo to shop somemore before calling it a day!
It was mask night for us as our skin felt really dry. lol!
Here's a peek at my luggage at the end of Day 2. hee :)



------


Australian Dairy Company (澳洲牛奶公司)
G/F, 47-49 Parkes St., Kowloon
Jordan Neighbourhood

Langham Place Mall
8 Argyle Street, Mongkok, Kowloon

China Hong Kong City
33 Canton Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon

Charlie Brown Cafe
Kok Pah Mansion, Cameron Road,
Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon

Tsim Sha Tsui Sogo
12 Salisbury Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon


No comments:

Post a Comment