Saturday, October 22, 2011

Day 4 in Hong Kong

This is my 2nd post of the day,
I've also covered Day 3 in the blog post below this entry :)

Day 4 is basically a round up for our shopping on main Hong Kong island,
as the next few days were spent in Macau and Disney Island.

We didn't go Ap Lei Chau as stipulated in the itinerary,
cuz we figured we won't be getting anything there,
and decided to save on the cab fare as Ap Lei Chau isn't very accessible (:
In case you're wondering, there's a Prada outlet store called SPACE at Ap Lei Chau.
We had wanted to go initially to see Miu Miu stuff.

So instead of Ap Lei Chau, we made our way to Citygate Mall at Tung Chung (again)
I just can't get enough of shopping there! :D *Coach, Coach, Coach!
Managed to help my bro get the gift he needed,
and I saw this lovely coach cosmetic pouch which I hadn't seen on Day 1!
It was on 40% off, it was from the adorable Poppy Art collection.
Couldn't resist getting it for myself :D
So here it is now, lying happily on my bed :D


After getting the Coach stuff, we managed to get some T-shirts from QuikSilver as well.
That was our final loots from Citygate.

Thereafter, we took the MTR to Central Station.
And lunch was at Lin Heung Tea House.
I was a little apprehensive about this place actually,
cuz I read that it's a traditional dim sum house,
and there is no good service rendered at all.
I was imagining grouchy old waiters and waitresses,
rowdy crowds, and basically a warzone of sorts.
And...
I was right. lol.
But, we met a really nice old (a little gruffy) waiter who came to our rescue.

We were basically stuck at the cashier initially,
being pushed around and trying not to bang into people.
Then this waiter came up and waved two fingers in front of us,
seemingly asking if it's 2 of us.
We nodded and he pointed to this faraway table to us. hehe.
So we scurried over and sat down with 8 other people in a round table.
With all our loots, we tried to settle down,
but ended up dropping things all over. lol.

Then it was fight for food time.
I gave up being a prim and proper tourist,
and just went up to the dim sum carts to open up the baskets of food.
Was telling Jiaxin that I'm prepared to get scolded by these waitresses.
lol. But thankfully they didnt scold me! hahah!
So, here were my victorious returns:

Cha Shao Baos

Guess what is this above?

Siew Mais

Tada! It's actually Lian Rong Bao with salted egg yolk.


Even though eating at Lin Heung felt like fighting a war in most aspects,
I still think that it's the best place I've dined at in Hong Kong.
Both Jiaxin and I agreed that we like Lin Heung more than Tim Ho Wan.
Maybe it was also partly due to the people factor.
Our table people were kind to us;
they helped us get a new pair of chopsticks when Jx dropped hers.
They showed us how to wash our utensils before eating,
and even waved goodbye when we left (:
They may not be the most polite people ever,
but there is genuine kindness in their eyes (:
And that touched both of us very much.

After having a hearty and cheap lunch
(came up to approximately S$12 only in total),
we headed to the H&M at Queen's Street.
It's apparently the biggest H&M in Hong Kong,
and boy, it sure is with its 4 levels worth of clothes.
Jiaxin and I were so excited to grab the clothes and try! hee (:
I managed to get 2 cotton tops for HK$80 (S$13)

Following H&M, it's time for The Peak!








The Peak was really quite nice (:
Finally I'm doing something touristy again instead of shopping :P
The wind was nice, but there was a little sun this noon,
so I had worn my floppy hat for shade. heh.

After The Peak, we went to Sogo Causeway Bay (again)
cuz I wanted to get this Sapphire and diamond earrings for my grandma.
Alas, price was way toooooo steep (and to think it wasn't even real diamonds).
I suddenly missed Singapore's Chomel alot then. lol.
We ended up eating Japanese food again.
The thing about Causeway Bay Sogo is that there isn't much restaurants to choose from.
Very unlike our Singapore malls where restaurants are littered through out.
My dinner:


Char Siew Ramen


Went to get the famous Heng Xiang Lao Po Bing thereafter,
we decided to call it a day! :D
Truly a longgg day, but a very fruitful one too!



------


Addresses:

Lin Heung Tea House
162 Wellington Street,
Central Hong Kong
Opening Hrs: 06.00 - 23.00

H&M (Central)
68 Queen's Road Central
Opening Hrs: 10.30 - 22.00

The Peak Lower Terminus
33 Garden Road
Central, Hong



No comments:

Post a Comment